This first of its kind online course offers an incredible continuing education opportunity for clinicians who manage patients with ACL injuries.
The course instructor is Dr. Bart Dingenen, who is a lecturer, researcher, and sports physiotherapist from Belgium. He has conducted research and published several academic papers on ACL rehabilitation and other lower limb injuries.
This course will enable clinicians to become confident in managing patients after ACL injury and make sure no crucial aspects of this lengthy rehabilitation are overlooked.
After this course, participants will, among others:
- know whether we can screen for ACL injuries, and how to apply this clinically
- be able to describe the key sensorimotor, biomechanical, & psychological consequences of ACL injuries
- be able to optimize instructions, feedback and structure of exercise prescription to optimize motor learning in function of ACL rehabilitation and prevention
- be able to describe treatment decision-making modifiers and prognostic factors after ACL injury
- be able to describe and understand the basic principles and the advantages and disadvantages of each of the graft types or orthopaedic procedures being used during ACL reconstruction
- be able to describe the key content of preoperative treatment programs of ACL injuries
- be able to apply a criteria-based treatment after ACL injury and ACL reconstruction across different stages
- be able to optimize return to sport decision-making
The contents of this course are evidence-based recommendations retrieved from the latest scientific and clinical research. The course ends with a real-world case study that will allow course participants to apply their newly acquired knowledge.
We are sure that after taking this course you will be 100% confident in managing patients with ACL injury and maximizing the potential of their rehab journey.
Accreditation for continuing education credits in The Netherlands (KNGF algemeen fysiotherapeut, sport en MT and Keurmerk) and Belgium (ProQ-Kiné) is requested and currently pending! Accredited for CPD in the UK. Click here for more info.
To receive an achievement badge & certificate you will need a score of 70% in the two summative quizzes.